Tundra Tales Reading Program
Tundra Tales 2021 is complete. Information about the 2022 program will be released in November 2021.
Tundra Tales is meant to develop lifelong reading habits by encouraging children to read at home. Participants will be able to read their way to scoring admission to the Packers Hall of Fame!
Remember, Tundra Tales is open to anyone: individual classrooms, entire schools, Parent Teacher Organizations, virtual schools, after school programs, homeschools, and even individual families.
Tundra Tales typically runs from mid-January through the end of March.
During this time, 4K through fifth grade participants must read or be read to for an average of 60 minutes per week outside of the school day for eight weeks, for a TOTAL of 480 minutes. Sixth through eighth grade participants must read for an average of 90 minutes per week outside of the school day for eight weeks, a TOTAL of 720 minutes. An extra week to achieve the total goal has been included to accommodate school schedules and spring breaks.
For more information, please reference the following forms from our 2021 program:
We also highly encourage Coordinators, as well as Parents/Guardians, to follow the Tundra Tales Facebook group for program updates.
This version of the program consists of four two-week segments, breaking the entire program into quarters, just like a football game. Every two weeks, Coordinators will be required to submit their participant completion numbers for that quarter in the online submission form. Participants who complete the required minutes for each quarter will receive a Packers themed prize. At the end of the fourth quarter, participants who have met the final reading goal will receive a Packers Hall of Fame admission voucher, good for one free participant admission and one reduced price adult admission.
The Traditional Program allows Coordinators to submit their participants' completion numbers only once, at the end of the program. Traditional participants who achieve the final goal will receive a Packers Hall of Fame voucher good for one free participant admission and one reduced price adult admission. This program may appeal to Coordinators with a large number of participants.
Each week coordinators will be sent updates, bits of extra information, and resources regarding the program or for their participants.
TUNDRA TALES GRANT PROGRAM
In addition to the ultimate individual reading prize, the Hall of Fame Admission Voucher, participants who complete the program can help earn a grant to use towards literacy resources for their class or school
The purpose of this grant is to help promote and incentivize engagement in and completion of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Tundra Tales Program. This allows the Hall of Fame and the Green Bay Packers to reinvest in the schools and students that have participated.
Coordinators do not need to register for this opportunity separately. By registering for Tundra Tales, schools and classrooms are automatically in contention for receiving an award. Since funding eligibility is based on completion percentage, it is important that initial registration numbers are accurate.
Tundra Tales Grant Parameters
Each school or classroom that has a 75%, or higher, completion rate for the program is eligible to receive an incentive. The award breakdown is as follows:
- Homeschools, schools or classrooms with 16-25 registered participants:
- Receive a $50 grant to put towards literacy resources.
- Schools or classrooms with 26-50 registered participants:
- Receive a $75 grant to put towards literacy resources.
- Schools or classrooms with 51-75 registered participants completions:
- Receive a $100 grant to put towards literacy resources.
- Schools or classrooms with 76-500 registered participants:
- Receive a $100 - $500 grant based on completion totals.
- Grants begin at $100 for 76 participants, with an additional $15 for every 10 participants, up to $500 for the total grant.
Grant funding MUST be used towards literacy resources (books, online magazines subscriptions, etc.).
Grant funding is provided through Green Bay Packers Give Back and is open to non-profit organizations only. Checks will be made out to schools or districts, with letters specifying how those funds should be distributed to individual teachers or classrooms. In order to release funding, the Green Bay Packers Community Outreach department must have a W9 on file. W9 forms are available upon request.
- Early Chapter Books for Animal Lovers
- Magic, Jokes and Gaming Books for Early Readers
- Rhyming Read-Alouds for Early Readers
- Recommendations - Grades 4-8
- Hidden Strengths - Grades 4-8
- Librarians Choice: Board Books, Picture Books, Beginning Readers, Chapter Books, Nonfiction
- Spanish: Beginning Readers, Picture Books
- Story Starters/Writing Prompts: Elementary School
- Story Starters/Writing Prompts: Middle School
- Wordless Picture Books: PreK-Kindergarten
- Wordless Picture Books: Elementary School
- Wordless Picture Books: Middle School
For any questions regarding the Tundra Tales program, please contact email@example.com